Sunday, August 15, 2010

Homemade Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine)

To give you a brief back ground of my evening while making these, after I had waited the time for them to rise as I was bringing them in I dropped the cookie sheet with the buns (this is so my life =) luckily I remembered someone once told me that to get dough to rise (or in my case "re-rise") heat your oven up to 200 then turn it off and place your bread dough in and it will rise. So I did this and they had re-risen in 10 minutes. A CLUTZ PROOF RECIPE and very very yummy!!
1 1/4 cup slightly warmed milk
1 beaten egg
2 TBL. butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
3 3/4 cup bread flour
1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Add wet ingredients into your bread machine then dry EXCEPT yeast.

Make a small well with your finger in the flour and pour in your yeast making sure it never touches the wet ingredients.

Place your bread machine on the "dough" cycle.

When done take out and place on a well floured surface. Cut dough in half. Roll out each half so that it is a 1 inch thick circle.

Take an inverted (AKA=upside down cup) and make 3 1/2 inch rounds. Between the two rolled out halves you should make 12 circles/buns.

Place on a GREASED cookie sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart from each other. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm area for 1 hour or until doubled in size. (For me that was one hour and I placed these outside because for me dough rises so great outside!)

Bake at 350 for 9-10 mnts.

For your entertainment, my son later that night had one of the buns stuck to his buns =) I guess at some point he sat on his hamburger lol. It was just too cute =)

No comments:

Post a Comment