Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Southwestern Salad


Iceburg Lettuce
1 can black beans, rinsed (you can sub these out for ranch style beans too. just make sure you drain them first-no rinsing necessary)
1-2 roma tomatoes, chopped
reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
chili cheese fritos, crushed
ranch dressing

This recipe is pretty self explanatory =) A little bit of all of the ingredients and you have yourself a SUPER tasty salad. This recipe has been in my family for a long time with a few alterations. My mom used ranch style beans growing up (you can find these at your grocery store next to the canned beans) but I personally have a special liking for black beans =) I just remember loving this salad growing up and now I make it for my family and they love it. My husband can sit and eat a ginormous bowl filled of this stuff! The Chili Cheese Fritos really make this whole salad! =)

I know it might sound a little bit odd but this is one heck of a tasty salad. I also highly suggest sticking to ranch dressing as opposed to another. Ranch really makes this come together =)

No comments:

Post a Comment